Redding Area WLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Excuses? Anybody?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Excuses?  Anybody? Empty Excuses? Anybody? Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Mike Lindsey

Mike Lindsey

Another great Third Thursday meeting 10 days ago. Joanne couldn't make it but Holly moderated and we had a lively meeting. "Plateaus" was the primary topic for discussion and I think we covered it very well. 4th Thursday was small with just a handful of "regulars" but still good fellowship and conversation. Today was 4th Saturday with a couple of returning faces that had been absent for awhile. Always great to have folks return for a visit and catch up with what's been happening.

There are now a minimum of 5 support groups held every month. Thats every Thursday at 5:30-7:00pm and 4th Saturday at 10:00am. For those of you that are still making up excuses not to attend, I apologize for making that so difficult but I can tell you there's still a lot of weight being lost and a lot of support being shared. Hope to see you all soon.

Mike

http://www.shastascalemodelers.com

2Excuses?  Anybody? Empty Re: Excuses? Anybody? Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:46 am

dawn

dawn

I do have a good excuse..no gas money is my problem...and I miss the meetings...so stressed out...any advice on how to tell the "other" person living with me how to take to me about what I eat and not be an idiot and think he knows everything about it...his ex is taking a nutrition class and now that they put a chapter in the books on our surgery EVERYONE thinks they know everything...well I might actually be able to make the meeting on the 1st..have appts all day in redding and the last one is going to be my last with Dr Nichols...

Peace out and I miss everyone

3Excuses?  Anybody? Empty Re: Excuses? Anybody? Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:21 am

Mike Lindsey

Mike Lindsey

Dawn, thats not an excuse, it's a reason and reasons are very different. Life gets in the way sometimes and although it's frustrating for you just do the best you can until things come around. Your chair will always be waiting for you. . . You can't teach people that haven't "been there" to give decent advice any better than I could give NASA advise on Space Shuttles. Thats the downside. The upside is we all KNOW what to do. . . It's just the doing it that sucks sometimes. For what its worth if somebody wants to help and you want their help give them the guide lines that YOU want to live by and then let them be your cheer leader within those guidelines. If they can't work within that then politely ask them not to put you in the position of having to hide their body with all the others. . . Works for me!

Mike king

4Excuses?  Anybody? Empty Re: Excuses? Anybody? Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am

dawn

dawn

Mike
You are a very insightful person....Is there a meeting this Thursday the 1st???
I hope so really need the support right now...not getting it at the home front so need it from others that do know what I am going through and aren't judging me...Have a good day and hope to see everyone thursday bounce

5Excuses?  Anybody? Empty Re: Excuses? Anybody? Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 am

Mike Lindsey

Mike Lindsey

You bet there's a meeting this Thursday and EVERY Thursday. Can pretty much gaurantee a handful of regulars and who knows, maybe even a few new faces. I'll be there, God willing and the creek don't rise. Take care, Mike

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum