Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 1/2 months out

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 4 1/2 months out on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:36 am

I had my surgery done on December 1st. So far I've lost 60 lbs since surgery and a total of 89 lbs since my first weigh in last May. I'm amazed at how much energy I have. I haven't been the best at excersizing, but hopefully with my work slowing down (I work for a cpa office) and warmer weather around the corner I will make it a daily habit. My goal is to run a 5K on the 4th of July. I never would have thought that possible.

The only drawback from my surgery is about a month ago I started loosing my hair. Thankfully I have some to spare, but it is still disturbing to see so much hair falling out. Please tell me it gets better and grows back!

View user profile

2 Re: 4 1/2 months out on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:07 pm

I am 7 months out and have not lost a single strand of hair.
In fact, my hair has never been thicker! It go very thin when
I started having babies 20 years ago and never got better.

Then, I started taking 5000 mcg of Biotin twice a day. I get
it at Wal-Mart and it costs about $8 for a bottle of 120 capsules.
Within 4 weeks of starting it I could feel new little hairs
growing. Give it a try!

Maureen

View user profile

3 RE- 4 1/2 months out on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss Very Happy About the same time I too started losing my hair. I had really long hair and ended up cutting it short. I did notice after about a month less and less hair was falling out. So hang in there it should get better. Just keep up on your protein and vitamins. I am almost a year out and my hair is growing back... Good luck flower

View user profile

4 Re: 4 1/2 months out on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:25 am

this will be kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, but .......

Don't make excuses for not doing the exercise. I've learned the hard way now and have changed my view on it. 30 minutes of cardio is a must every day. I'm trying to work in 60 minutes for myself, but that's because I'm in "catch up" mode (so to speak).

I heard something on tv that kinda made me think. "If you think you don't have enough time to get in a workout...... figure out how much time you are sitting and watching tv, then examine the situaton again."

I'm guilty What a Face

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum