Redding Area WLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do when sick

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What to do when sick Empty What to do when sick Fri May 01, 2009 2:00 am

dawn

dawn

Crying or Very sad Well People I am wondering what I should do about being sick....I am getting my water in and can handle about 1 shake a day, but having a hard time eating solid protein. I am also getting major headaches that aren't responding to tylenol...Have already taken 6 total for the day and it's not helping at all....Plus my throat is sore and swallowing the food hurts too much...Any ideas....

2What to do when sick Empty Re: What to do when sick Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:57 pm

CaseyH

CaseyH

I hope you called the docs.

Ya know we're not Docs... and well.. Mike might tell you to go dunk your head in a bowl of luke warm chicken noodle soup. And well.. how helpful would that be Smile

hollyrob

hollyrob

... and liquids. I remember the 1st time I called Jody (2+ years ago when Dianne and her ran the program) and asked if I could have crackers or toast or applesauce and she said "No way" - if anything, go back to broth and sugar free jello is what she suggested.

4What to do when sick Empty Re: What to do when sick Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:31 am

dawn

dawn

about the only way I am getting protein through beans or lunch meat slices...I am beginning to wonder if it might not be a stomache issue..guess I need to call Dr Nichols and see what he has to say..

Thanks guys

Hope to see you all at support group tonight

5What to do when sick Empty Re: What to do when sick Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm

CaseyH

CaseyH

the original posting was on 04/30/09.
If you're still sick, I really think you need to talk to some medical professional people.

I mean that's along time of "being sick".
I tend to usually only give myself a few days to "get over it" and then I head into a doctor to get medicine or advice or whatever.

just my two cents.

6What to do when sick Empty Re: What to do when sick Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:19 pm

hollyrob

hollyrob

I agree with Casey! I didn't realize the date - April 30th!!! You should really go check it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum