Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

ways to burn the calories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ways to burn the calories on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 am

cheers I haven't posted on here in a little while...I have cranked up my walking these past couple of weeks. I am not sure if I am doing it to lose the weight or try and kill myself..LOL
I have decided that every other day I make my walk a little longer and longer. In town I usually am walking at the least 1 1/2 miles, slowly add a little at a time...Some days it's 3 miles at once and then I had the bright idea to walk out to Johnson Park, I live in Burney. It's about 3 miles from the burney sign to the Johnson park sign...From my house to the CDF sign in Johnson Park is 3.7 miles one way...so that walk was 7.4 miles and I did it in about 90 minutes...I was really proud of myself..so the next day, I stayed in town and walked 4 miles...then a couple of days later...had to give my muscles a little rest...I decided to walk all the way to the end of Johnson Park....well I should have waited a little later in the day..decided to leave about 4 pm when it was 95 degrees...well I did the walk..took me about 2 hours and I kind you not I had to have sweated 10 pounds off me....It was a good milestone for me. Hopefully this week or next I will be moving into my new little home in Johnson Park...And the start of getting on with my life and the changes I have made in my life..
Thank you all for being here as a sounding board and support for me over the past year...I couldn't have done some of this without you guys..

Love ya I love you Very Happy smile more frowns give you wrinkles

View user profile

2 Re: ways to burn the calories on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Wow, you really have been walking alot. Make sure you dring bunches of water or you will dehydrate especially in this heat. I have been walking alot 2 but only about 3 miles a day. But my big accomplishment is my swimming. I figured out that 70 laps in the pool in Lake California is 1 mile. I am up to 35 laps. Last summer I ws only able to swim 10 laps. I have also been going to Curves 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I have set a Goal for the summer. It is to walk to the Wiskeylake Falls. I can't wait for that one.

Keep up the walking.

View user profile

3 Re: ways to burn the calories on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 pm

my goal is to hike to the top my mt lassen...I have made it half way up but never to the top...I also want to start running

View user profile

4 Ways to burn calories on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Wow, good for you girls, walking your way to smaller bodies! What an inspiration you are to us. I am hoping after my surgery, July 14th, I will start to feel good enough to walk enough down my street! Very Happy I used to walk all the time but now I just don't have the energy or stamina. Keep up the good work! cheers

View user profile

5 Re: ways to burn the calories on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Admin

Admin
didn't see this one when I was on as CaseyH, but anyway....

Dawn, distance is good, it builds endurance, but here's something else to try:

if you are going longer distances every other day. On the days you don't go farther.. go FASTER. Faster usually equals more cardio.

also.. speaking of walking.. Ever tried walking poles? They are so much fun and provide a crapload more calorie burn because you are using your arms (which when done right also works arm muscles)

Just some ideas!

View user profile http://reddingwls.forumotion.com

6 Re: ways to burn the calories on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:11 am

Never thought about the walking poles..I do use 1 1/2 to 5 lbs hand weights..I do walk pretty fast when I walk the distance too...I think I will use my weights when I walk again...But I have found out after today, if you are overly exhausted be careful walking...I almost passed out...had to have Terry come pick me up..I did walk 3 miles though..

View user profile

7 Re: ways to burn the calories on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Sounds like ya need to listen to what your body is telling you
.... well, unless it's telling you to sit around, eat and be lazy.

You can only do that if it comes from Joanne =)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum