Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not really a recipe, just a food item

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Not really a recipe, just a food item on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Because I'm back to full time commuting to work by bicycle, it's more difficult to take my lunch everyday. Obviously I have to get it done though.

here's what I'm doing currently. I take a package of sliced meat (i'm using ham right now, but sometimes it's roast beef, turkey, etc... something real though) and a small stack of sliced cheese. I already have mustard at work.

So my lunches have been 2-3 meat rolls. Ham, cheese and one line of mustard across the short side. This doesn't lend much to my veggie intake. A few days a week, I'll throw in a can of V8 (after my 1hr wait time). I dunno, it works for me. I also will go make a quick meat roll if I feel like I have some kind of snacking issue about to happen.

View user profile

2 Re: Not really a recipe, just a food item on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 am

Wink Hey Casey
That is something that I usually eat for lunch everyday....I have such a hard time eating regular meat..(steak, chicken, etc.) I do this alot when I am traveling to doctor appointments and such...we are eating protein so it should be good..right?
I am still trying to figure out how to have my enchilada's too...I have tried to use the crepe recipe and they didn't turn out very good...I use the white corn so shouldn't that be healthier??? lol!

View user profile

3 Re: Not really a recipe, just a food item on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:46 pm

I just try to stay away from all that flour type stuff.
Sure I might taste a raviolli at Costco, but I'm not concerning myself with that one. (Didn't really hit my spot anyway).

Do make sure that your protein of choice isn't something like a "Honey Cured" ham. Might be absorbing more sugar than you think affraid

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum