Redding Area WLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

How about an accountability thread?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How about an accountability thread? Empty How about an accountability thread? Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:35 pm

stacyk

stacyk

We can share and cheer each other on as we exercise for our health and weight loss.

So what type of exercise are you doing and how often?

Last edited by stacyk on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

2How about an accountability thread? Empty Re: How about an accountability thread? Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:37 pm

stacyk

stacyk

I haven't been exercising as regularly as I should, but today I did Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred dvd. Holy cow it kicked my butt and I'm definitely feeling muscles I didn't know I had.

Also last night I was kicking the soccer ball around with my little one and can I tell you how good it feels to actually play with my kids and not be winded? It was great to be active with them!

3How about an accountability thread? Empty Exercise Sun May 03, 2009 1:27 am

Susan Pitts

Susan Pitts

I am 5 months out and have lost 73lbs. Just 27 to go to reach goal. I go to Curves 3 times a week. It is really great only takes about 45 minutes to complete the circuit and stretch. What has been great is the inches I have lost. I am now wearing size 8 jeans. Never would have happened without WLS & excersie. On the days I don't go to Curves I walk & even job a little. It has been years since I have been this active. I feel really blessed.

4How about an accountability thread? Empty Re: How about an accountability thread? Thu May 07, 2009 8:31 pm

CaseyH

CaseyH

Something I recently learned (and probably should have known) is that if you're using the same muscle(s) you will need to increase the intensity of the workout to gain the same effects. For example.. when I started commuting to work on bike, I was pretty darned out of shape. Then as my legs got used to it, it got easier. As it got easier, I started burning less calories because the muscle had adapted to the type of work it was doing and had learned to be efficient.

What I learned in this....
Yay! I can pedal my butt all over the place, however, I don't get near the actual calorie burn. Now I've tried to "push" harder and do some more extreme hills and stuff, but end point... I need to do other exercise.

(not that I am yet, but I learned it What a Face )

5How about an accountability thread? Empty Re: How about an accountability thread? Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:15 pm

CaseyH

CaseyH

You can find the accountability board now. =)

Sorry it took me awhile to get to it.
Sitting here watching the Tour de France before I go out to get some exercise today.
thought I would take care of it.

Sorry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum