Redding Area WLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stressing out

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stressing out Empty Stressing out Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:48 am

dawn

dawn

For those of you that know what has been going on with me, it's finally getting taken care of..for those of you that are scratching their heads and wondering "what?"...Joanne mentioned that I an under a great deal of stress...well I a getting divorced and moving out of my house and into my own apartment...so I am really stressing out again and I am just wanting to eat, but when I do eat something it is making me sick....If anyone has advice or just some words of encouragement..i would appreciate anything..

Thanks for being there over the 15 months...You guys are the greatest and I love ya all flower

2Stressing out Empty Stressing Out Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Lori

I was able to put a face to a name at the support meeting I went to last month so I know who you are. Just look at how well you've done and keep looking forward. Very Happy I have my surgery next Tuesday and hope to hear from everyone with good advice and tips! Hang in there Dawn and just remember all the hard work you have done to get where you are today with your weight loss! flower

3Stressing out Empty Re: Stressing out Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 am

dawn

dawn

Thank you ...Good luck with you surgery...all I can say is make sure you follow the program to a tee...and the first week is hell, but it does get better once you start feeling better...just walk little by little and don't over do it even if you are feeling really good...I learned that the hard way...This is just the start of your "new" beginning...Keep us posted on your progress and hope to see you next week for support group geek

4Stressing out Empty Re: Stressing out Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:44 pm

CaseyH

CaseyH

'Aight Dawn... now this will start out sounding harsh, but think about it.

First off, don't eat. That would stop both adverse effects. =)

But back to what we, as a group and individually with Joanne, have talked about comes down to just this. It's up to you to figure out how to work around it. Change your habit. If you are stressing... do something different. I choose exercise usually. If I'm having a crappy day at work, I'll go walk a few miles at lunch (keep in mind that's usually on top of my 20 mile bike ride that day). Do I "need" to do the extra exercising... probably not, but more exercise never hurt anyone.

Spend some time with yourself and scribble down what's bothering you. What is it that's really stressing you. Ask yourself "why?" 5 times.
Example:
Work is stressing me.
Why? -> Because it pisses me off just to see John Doe.
Why? -> Because he's an jerk.
Why? -> Because he's insecure and tries to secure himself by being a jerk.
Why? -> Because he never gets kudos for his work.
Why? -> Because he's overlooked.

(obviously just an example... I didn't want to use a real problem of my own so I just typed in a situation) Just try it. Try to find the real reason for your stress.

etc, etc. If you can break down what's actually stressing you, you can get to the root cause of the problem and work on it. Band-aid'ing the symptoms will never do much. You need to find the actual cause of your stress and deal with it emotionally or physically or whatever it takes.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it's work YOU gotta do. All the NUTs (short for Nutritionists), surgeons, doctors and pyschs can't resolve these things. It's something you gotta spend time with yourself and find the root and pull it.

If you keep cutting the limbs off the tree, it'll still continue to grow and spread it's roots, but until you uproot it, you won't be rid of it.

5Stressing out Empty Re: Stressing out Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 am

dawn

dawn

Very Happy
Thanks for the advice...and your never to harsh..that's Michael.. Smile
I am doing more to "de-stress" myself. I have been taking off and finding a nice quiet place to just veg-out...somedays it's going out to the falls and walk around or just go for a long long walk..or go sit out by hat creek...It is helping...what's also helping is I am journeling again...and I have been able to email some of the people I am taking classes online with..and they are letting me vent...it's been nice...

Thanks again and see you Thursday at support group flower

6Stressing out Empty Re: Stressing out Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:55 pm

CaseyH

CaseyH

everyone is different... but my remedy for lowering stress:

Add 1 Mp3 (Music) player and a good set of headphones.
Add 1 full set of batteries.
Mix in a bowl and stir it up.

from that point.. I might go riding, wlaking, working in the yard, mowing, whatever.
just keep myself going, not only physically, but mentally.

I hooked up a 1 ear headphone on sunday that I attached to my cell (which is also a music player) and went off riding. I told Heather that I didn't know how long or short I would be gone, but I off I went.

about 3 hours later (42 miles) I returned after trekking from Rancho Rd. to Shasta Lake City over Keswick Dam to cross the Sac river @ Bonneyview then headed home.
I ended up crossing I5 4 or 5 different times. LOL

but see.. it was all a stress relief for me. =)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum