Redding Area WLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redding Area WLS

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best meeting ever!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best meeting ever! Empty Best meeting ever! Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:55 am

Mike Lindsey

Mike Lindsey

Don't know about anybody else but that was my best meeting ever. I showed up feeling pretty horrible and getting that off my chest in a room full of people I have a lot of respect for meant everything. Thank you all.

The suggestion was made that we have a meeting every Thursday. There seemed to be some interest so starting January 7th (the next two Thurs are Xmas eve and NY eve) were going to give it a try. I'm hoping third Thursday meetings will continue to be in Liberty Room II with Joanne's moderation. As much as I hate to say it she brings an awful lot to that meeting and we would be less without her. Very Happy

All other Thursdays at 5:30 pm we will meet in the small meeting room by Joanne's office. Most of the time it will be led by a person who has had weight loss surgery and we probably won't have the benefit of Joanne but I think we can muddle through. The next couple of meetings will be to decide what we want to do and how we want to do it, so if you're interested at all be there on the 7th. All meeting info will be published on this site so check here for info and let us know you're interested.

There are a couple thousand people in the Northstate who have had weight loss surgery. I'm hoping that we can reach out to a larger group of folks who will benefit from the support as we all have if there are more nights available. I'm also hoping that since we get so much out of one night a month of support the benefit will be even greater with multiple meetings. Seems worth a try to me.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks again to everyone who has been so supportive through the year.
See you all on the 7th
Mike

http://www.shastascalemodelers.com

2Best meeting ever! Empty Re: Best meeting ever! Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:07 am

CaseyH

CaseyH

Couldn't agree more. Even though I felt under the gun, I enjoyed and walked away with something. That usually doesn't happen, which leaves me wondering why I continue to go... lol.. more questions for myself =)

see ya on the 7th.

I'll try to remember to send a notice to everyone and let them know.

3Best meeting ever! Empty Re: Best meeting ever! Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 am

dawn

dawn

I am real sorry that I missed as much of the meeting that I had...I was feeling pretty bad and after the meeting I talked to a few ladies, but left still "bad" but it felt better talking a little about it...
I think one thing that no matter how much someone tells you what is going to happen both mentally and physically after the surgery..until you are going through it you just don't understand what is happening...

I hope everyone has a good Christmas and a Happy New Year santa

4Best meeting ever! Empty Best meeting ever Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Susan Pitts

Susan Pitts

I agrre with you Mike it was great meeting. There was a lot of humor mixed in with some real emotion about what we are all going through. You have such a great way of putting into words our fear of going back to being heavy. We have all worked to hard for that to happen.

I am looking forward to meeting more often. I may not make it every week but I will sure be there more than once a month. Thank you for getting us all motivated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum